As you grow older, the signs of aging can become more and more apparent. This is especially true when you hit your mid-forties. Your face will also tend to lose its elasticity and firmness. As you age, most of the skin cells on the surface won’t be able to respond to hormone growth. Fortunately, we now have HIFU therapy.
HIFU stands for High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound. This minimally invasive treatment is one of the top choices for those with sagging skin, bleeding, and downtime. The result is smooth and youthful skin. HIFU makes use of a powerful high-frequency ultrasound wave to improve the skin’s laxity.
HIFU therapy is a solution that won’t require making incisions into your skin. This makes it one of the most popular options available. This treatment option has also become more popular because of all the enticing benefits it offers. However, HIFU also has some pros and cons. Below are some of them:
Pros of HIFU Therapy
- HIFU will work for all skin types. It also produces instant results compared to the other facial lifting treatments that are available in the market today.
- HIFU therapy has been proven very effective in restoring the volume and texture of the skin.
- HIFU is a fine-tuning treatment that can help rejuvenate the skin and give it a healthy glow.
- This breakthrough skin treatment option can help enhance the production of new collagen and its regeneration. This gives you skin that is smoother, firmer, and younger.
- The procedure is considered effective for those who want to combat dark circles, eliminate large pores, and reduce acne, pimples, and blemishes.
- HIFU is safe and non-invasive. It allows doctors to view the underlying skin layers so they would know where the heat generation should be targeted.
- The low energy pulse used in HIFU is delivered to the skin’s top layer using an ultrasound. This treatment won’t require any kind of anesthesia or incisions. That said, discomfort that is experienced during the procedure is very minimal.
- HIFU treatment has been known to effectively reduce wrinkles and fine lines, two of the main concerns of people in their forties and fifties.
Cons of HIFU Therapy
While HIFU is considered very effective, there are also some possible downsides you might experience. Below are some of the possible downsides that you should take note of:
- Depending on the nature of your skin, you might experience some slight swelling or redness after the procedure. Fortunately, you have nothing to be afraid of as the swelling and redness will subside in a few hours.
- HIFU is not a one-time treatment. In other words, you will need several treatment sessions before you can achieve the results you want.
- Dramatic changes are only evident after 2 to 3 months. This can be attributed to the fact that it will take time for the collagen to do its regenerative task to strengthen the tissue of the skin. However, after a few months, you can surely notice the youthful glow on your face.
- It would also take a few weeks for the treatment areas to receive the full benefit of the treatment.
If you have wrinkles and fine lines or you just want to maintain the natural appearance of your skin, HIFU is one treatment option you can look into. The treatment is considered highly effective in treating skin laxity, stretch marks, wrinkles, and fine lines. No wonder it has become one of the most popular skin treatment options nowadays. It is recommended that you check with your dermatologist first to know if HIFU is right for you.